Thread: ashamed
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 05:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

bagger welcome back, although I have not relapsed, I can attest that I have never seen anyone shunned who came back, I will share with you what an old timer in my area says at every meeting before he passes out 24 hour chips:

"The doors of AA swing both ways, you can come in and stay as long as you like, you can go out and stay as long as you can, but when you come back we will not say "We told you so!", we will say "Welcome back, we are glad to have you!""

Bagger you know what to do, it sounds like your sponsor is still there for you, go for it, you know life gets better, please for the sake of folks like me share your story about your relapse, share why it happened, every time a person like me hears that it is no better out there now then it was when I was out there, the less likely it is I will relapse.

Welcome back bagger, we in AA see no shame in you coming back, many of us have been there and done that, we will love you until you can learn to love your self again.

I wish I could offer advice about the smoke, the only thing I can suggest is move to my area, all the meetings are in smake free buildings.