Thread: Double Dog Dare
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HKAngel24

Double Dog Dare

Okay - so here is the double dog dare from Liveweyerd:

"Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you AND list 5 things you like about yourself or are good at and 5 things you look forward to."

I think that it would be a cool thing for everyone to participate in - I think it could be very beneficial to all of us.

Okay so here goes...

*I am 24 years old and finishing up my undergrad degree in
Business Management/Pre-Law.

*Eventually I want to go to Law school but have not decided yet if I want to go RIGHT after I graduate or if I want to work for a little while. It has taken me SO long to finish my degree. I transferred schools, changed my major, took a year off because I got extremely sick. I have suffered from my own mental ailments- typical perfectionistic disease- I suffered/still suffer from an eating disorder and have for many years. It has taken so much of my life and almost cost me it on more than one occasion. It has taken a tremendous amount of pleasure out of my life and stolen many years from me- especially some of the "Growing up" years. I barely attended my senior year in highschool I was in and out of hospitals and treatment facilities. This is how my college education has become extended to something like the 7 year plan since I've endured alot of setbacks health-wise. I must remind myself that THAT was the biggest battle I have had to face. While I am not "recovered" or necessarily at the place where I would like to BE- I have to give myself credit for the strenght it took to attempt to redefine myself as Heather, not as "the sick girl" since I found my identity in my eating disorder for so long. Perhaps this is the reason why I feel so fragmented at times- and defective and believe I need another's love to "right" something. Anyways- my eating disorder interfered with my life and almost cost me it. I know I do not give myself nearly enough credit for how far I have come. My last inpatient treatment stay was in 2003 and committed myself to life, not just mere existence since. I secured a part-time job that taught me alot and also helped me view my disease in a different perspective- I did not want to be that physically or mentally weak anymore. It has always been a dream of mine to bring the message of loving your bodies and yourselves to young girls who are met with so many idealized standards of beauty and societal pressures to be thin.

*I live in Center City Philadelphia but would love to move someplace warm and sunny as I REALLY feel weather is a HUGE factor in my mood.

*I attend school full-time and work part-time in property management- in a high rise condominium building where needless to say there is never a dull moment. I have been there for a few years and am ready for a change. During the school year I go to school Tuesdays and Thursdays and work M, W and F 9-5PM.
This summer so I can graduate soon, I am working full-time as well as taking two classes each summer session- there are two sessions in the summer. I have to be very careful budgeting my time in regards to these classes as each session is only 6 weeks and there is alot of material and intense classes (3 hours, 2x a week) and one couldn't be a more interesting topic- Statistics- haha.

* 5 Things I like about myself:
1. I am insightful.
2. I am compassionate.
3. I am articulate
4. I consider myself a decent writer.
5. I am a good friend.

5 Things I'm looking forward to:
1. Going to Atlantic City with my sister on Tuesday and spending the day at the spa.
2. Going to the beach with my best girlfriends at the end of the month.
3. My best friend's wedding even though it's in Oct. of 2008- she asked me to be the maid of honor.
4. Graduating from college
5. Healing my knee as it is preventing me running like I want to. I would like to start building more stamina that I have lost since I have not been able to run.

Now everyone else's turn!!