View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75
krhea75

I had him arrested...

Well, yesterday I had my 17 year old son arrested. He had stolen adderall from my safe and sold it to a friend. I found an IM on my computer in which he confessed it. I had given him the choice of going back to rehab or going to jail. He said he would go back to rehab, but then he was dragging his feet. He kept breaking his curfew, the last night dragging his butt in at 3 a.m. i thought, if he is really serious about this he would be toeing the line. So I called the cops and now he is sitting in jail with distrubution of a controlled substance and robbery charges against him. I am ill. Not because I had to have him arrested, I feel that it was my only option. But that his life is self-destructing. I know in my heart I did the right thing. I know that I have excused his behavior too many times. I know that God is bigger than this mess and that He will use this to help my son see reality. It just is sad. The cops said that the court would probably mandate his treatment or send him to a boot camp. Whatever. At this point, I know it is out of my hands and last night was the first night I have slept well in weeks. Thanks for all of your support. I wish that we weren't drawn together by this common thread, but I am so glad you all are here for each other and for me. God is good.
krhea