Thread: here goes again
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

Originally Posted by drainedwife View Post
........I have not been to enough meetings and i have not learned enough about taknig care of myself above all else, as you can see from my emails...also, in regards to my income and what that can support--where i live, it cant support anything!!!!

i dont want to make a million changes in my kidsa lives all at once that will be detrimental to them....(i.e., changing schools, mooving out of town, taking them away from their friends).....i need to make changes in my life, but they cant ahppen overnight...

i need to really think about the best thing to do...do i get a better higher paying job right now?? (in my current state i dont know how i am going to do that ) OR do i try to get my teaching liscence and work as a substitute gaining experience as i do an on-lilne teaching program??? what other choices are there for me??? so many decisions, its not easy...

(((DW)) I see that your thinking is evolving, you are brainstorming the "possibilities". That is a GOOD thing. I would urge you to try and scoot those meetings further up the priority list. And I can't even give you a good, concrete reason "why" you should do so. Just that I know from experience they help me with my thinking.

In my world, I was always planning outcomes. I often planned for "worst case" outcomes... heck, I was always in "emergency mode", and seldom truly living in the moment.

And you know what? It seldom made a difference. The outcome turned out to be whatever it was... and most of my energy spent "worrying and planning" was wasted.

I do believe that you are on the right path by considering the things you CAN do, and the possibilities that might exist. I was flabbergasted myself to discover I could teach basic computer classes and basic aerobics classes over at the community college (through the continuing education department). What a thing! Me, with nothing but a high school diploma. And the money wasn't bad, and I was able to fit those classes AROUND my fulltime job. I had no idea there were jobs like that available to someone like me.

Putting your needs "out there"... by praying, by asking for guidance - both from your HP and from your community (friends, relatives, meetings)... brings all sorts of information back. So much so, that it can be a bit overwhelming.

But I believe you will receive exactly what you need.

(((DW)))