View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 04:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Drained,

My XABF, in violation of the restraining order in place, continued to email me. Same sh*t as your husband.

I answered him at first. He printed off my responses and took them to his lawyer and used my "kindness" (codependency) against me eventually. "See? She's talking to ME. "

You are walking on very, very, very thin ice.

It's your choice, but if you're willing to go somewhere with him at his point ("we don't have to talk" .....jeez what a FAT load of addict BS), after all that's happened, then you may as well drop this whole thing and just sentence yourself to living with a violent, self-centered addict for the rest of your life. And your kids' lives too...who will possibly grow up to be addicts themselves because they've now seen that addicts get everything they need by manipulation.

Sorry to be so mean-sounding and blunt but ------ you initiated all of this for a reason. Because your life was hell and your kids were in danger. Why would you even think about doing this, just because he "needs a hug" ? All about him, as usual. Has he made any progress? Is he finding his own therapist? Is he doing ANYTHING he said he would do?

Addict. Addict. Addict. He is an addict who will say whatever he needs to say right now in order to get YOU to do what he wants.

Do what you want -- but know that this is straight out of the addict handbook, word for word. "Chapter 4: What to do/say after they get a restraining order against you"

Been there, done that.
Hoping for the best for you,
GiveLove