View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
outonalimb

summertime and the livin' is easy!!

As some of you may recall, I had an operation in May. I've been off work for nearly 7 weeks now and I am so....relaxed...and happy...and peaceful!!!

I can't even tell you how much I've enjoyed being home with my little boy this summer. I feel like I've gotten to know him in a whole new way (and visa versa). Each day, we wake up with absolutely NO agenda...no plans...and we idle away these summer days going for walks, bikerides, and trips to the park or beach. Its been the greatest summer ever.

I've never taken more than a week (maybe two, on rare occasions) off of work since I began working at the age of 15. (except for maternity leave when I had my son but that was such a stressful, sleep-deprived time). I am just trying to enjoy every moment that I can. I've read so many books on my back patio...just sat for hours doing nothing, really, except being silly and laughing with my son.

Although the surgery was hell...this recovery period has been a true blessing in my life. Its given me a chance to step out of the rat race for a while and just enjoy life.

I have almost 3 weeks left before my disability leave expires. I'm taking my son to northern Michigan (staying on the shore of Lake Michigan) for a week on Friday.

Ah yes, life IS good.

And to make things even better, my exah is now working in Colorado for the indefinite future so I've really had a chance to RELAX...no more drama...no more fighting to keep the boundries in place. I can't believe what a wonderful summer my HP has handed me this year. I'm just so grateful!!

I hope all of you are enjoying your summer too!