summertime and the livin' is easy!!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

summertime and the livin' is easy!!

As some of you may recall, I had an operation in May. I've been off work for nearly 7 weeks now and I am so....relaxed...and happy...and peaceful!!!

I can't even tell you how much I've enjoyed being home with my little boy this summer. I feel like I've gotten to know him in a whole new way (and visa versa). Each day, we wake up with absolutely NO agenda...no plans...and we idle away these summer days going for walks, bikerides, and trips to the park or beach. Its been the greatest summer ever.

I've never taken more than a week (maybe two, on rare occasions) off of work since I began working at the age of 15. (except for maternity leave when I had my son but that was such a stressful, sleep-deprived time). I am just trying to enjoy every moment that I can. I've read so many books on my back patio...just sat for hours doing nothing, really, except being silly and laughing with my son.

Although the surgery was hell...this recovery period has been a true blessing in my life. Its given me a chance to step out of the rat race for a while and just enjoy life.

I have almost 3 weeks left before my disability leave expires. I'm taking my son to northern Michigan (staying on the shore of Lake Michigan) for a week on Friday.

Ah yes, life IS good.

And to make things even better, my exah is now working in Colorado for the indefinite future so I've really had a chance to RELAX...no more drama...no more fighting to keep the boundries in place. I can't believe what a wonderful summer my HP has handed me this year. I'm just so grateful!!

I hope all of you are enjoying your summer too!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow Mary...this sounds like HP really sent you a huge gift wrapped in a rainbow of colors! How much fun it must be for you and your son!

I'm really glad that you are recovering and feel well enough to go on vacation and plan fun times together with the little guy. I can definitely relate to not taking any extended leave except maternity leave. I too started work in my early teens and never was unemployed since. Although not planned as such, both my girls were May babies and I took the summer off. Even with the hecticness of a new baby, I really enjoyed that special time with the girls. I like seasons, so I doubt I will ever move south, but summer is my time...just love being outdoors all the time, enjoy the sun and love swimming.

I've been finding my serenity even while working by going to the mountains each weekend and hiking and kayaking. As soon as i head north, the stess just evaporates.

Have a happy fourth and a super special vacation, my dear friend!! Hugs and prayers for you and that little darling!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am also glad you are recovering well enough to go a vacation.you sound so good & so at peace with everything. have fun & just keep enjoying your time at off.hugs & prayers, hope
Old 07-03-2007, 11:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mary, I have always had summers off, working in education. I remember those lazy summer days when my daughter was little. We would go to the beach or for a walk and ice cream. I loved the summer because I had no set schedule. Enjoy yours. They grow up so fast. But you are making memories that he will remember his whole lifetime. Have fun is Northern Michigan Hugs, Marle
Old 07-03-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing my happiness with me, guys!

I think the biggest blessing in all of this is that it has given me a very soulful connection with my HP. I've had lots of time to just sit still and talk things over with Him. I don't think I ever realized how crucial it is to just stop sometimes and listen for His voice. Definitely a very healing time physically, spiritually, emotionally...

I truly hope and pray that everyone in my SR family experiences peace this summer, too!!

Love yas!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

((Mary))

For all you've been through honey.......you deserve this happy time with your son to just relax and take in life as it is truly meant to be. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((Ooal)))))))))))

I am just sooooo happy for you and lil' guy.
I'm also glad that your healing well. Physically and mentally. lol
You just keep enjoying your summer, sweetie, and have a great trip to Michigan.
I read a really good book a few weeks ago called "Your Not You" by Michelle Wildgen.
Couldn't put it down.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

GLad you are healing and getting better! Enjoy your time off!!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((mary)))

I'm so glad the headaches subsided and you are able to enjoy this time with your son. It sounds like you are in a very peaceful place and I couldn't be happier for you
Old 07-03-2007, 08:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm so glad you are feeling better and enjoying being with your son. You are blessed to make such wonderful memories! Have fun in the North!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Mary, I rejoice in your recovery and life! Life is so much better
when the A is not around. Enjoy your every moment.
Hugs