View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 06:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Truffles

I would also go to the bank the day he gets paid take out the money that is for bills and leave him the $400. Open an account in your name only. This is what I did, but also on my account they put a notation, that anytime money was withdrawn 2 forms of ID had to be shown.

I didn't trust my AH at all - I kept thinking he would get ahold of my bank account number and have someone go in and try and take the money. I use to worry all the time about paying the bills, I made sure all the bills got paid for the house and if I had any credit card bill. I didn't even care about his or I paid the minimum.

If you have any CD's I would cash them in. I was a fool with that. We had a CD a fairly large amount, I figured he wouldn't touch that. I was wrong. He took a loan out against it to pay off his debt. The CD matures in Sept., he keeps telling me that he is getting a new loan so we will get the whole amount of the CD, I know that is not going to happen. All that money gone - to drugs and his old girlfriend, it still makes me so mad.

So protect yourself when it comes to money!