Thread: New here...
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Saint Francis

Hello. Is he quitting without any meds? If so, he could be in danger of a siezure. When my AH wanted to detox at home, he was given 3 different meds. Yes, my AH had the wild eyes...very big. He was very nervous, jittery. He had difficulty sleeping. He was given Lorazapam for this. The worst part was the awake nightmares, halucinations. He thought he had a car wreck, was steering the car etc. Then a few minutes later, different awake dream, he ran out the front door in his underwear at 2 am letting indoor cats out. He thought he was fully clothed on a hotel balcony. It was awful. Depending on how much he's detoxing, the shakes may quit in two or 3 days. He may have the hallucinations today...I think it was on day 5. Good luck...I wasn't prepared on how hard it was. AH wasn't prepared on how hard it was to not start drinking again...he made it 4 months before he started back up. It's 7 months and 2 more detoxes later (at a facility) and he still can't stop from starting again. They say quitting is the easy part, it's not starting again that's hard. Hope your situation turns out better than mine. Prayers for you and him.