View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
GrouchoTheCat
Coffee Drinker

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
AA did not deflate my ego, it taught me how alcohol had torn it down and how I could rebuild my ego without being egotistical.
Well said Taz!

I had a frustrating day at work yesterday and was in a bad space so I called my sponsor and felt better. I also just got home from a meeting this morning and I know it will help me through the day. There are people in the halls with more time than me, there are people with less time. There are folks with relativly few problems and then there are those with humungous problems. I get to listen to how they deal with things without picking up a drink and something I hear just might save my life. What a meeting really reinforces is the fact that I am not alone. Hey, it's NOT all about ME! What a concept.

What I will say is, if AA is not for you I truly hope that you will find an alternative that will work for you.

An lastly, for those who have no-one left, no friends, relatives that won't speak to them, even no-where to live, just remember that the halls of AA will always be there to welcome you.

When nobody else wants you, we do.

I wish you the best,