View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 11:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
needtobefree
Open Minded

Thanks for your reply :0)

I think there's a link in the top of the forum about other recovery options too. I checked out the lifering site last night, will need to look at time differences and see when they are online.

I'm going to start a support group for women in a couple of weeks time when they have a space. I managed to get that sorted today along with some other positive stuff.

The on-call counsellor I saw this morning told me I should check out AA if I really need support. I told him of my reservations and he said that different people interpret the steps differently and that I should try three different meetings in three different places. I still have all my reservations and a part of me feels like I'd be going against myself and recovery so far if I go there. I see my regular weekly counsellor on Thursday, I'm going to talk to her about it then.

It's very true, regardless of gender we all need to find real support and help.

Thanks for coming here btw, it's been very interesting today. I'm off to get some dinner now and catch the news. My body and brain are still detoxing, gawd I feel rough, lol :0)