View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Wanttobefree

Cherryberry, you did something nice for yourself, which was probably a common thing, BEFORE HIM. You did something that was NOT centered AROUND HIM. Heaven forbid. Don't waste your time trying to figure out why he is trying to make you feel bad. That's what they do. And they are good at it. Just don't waste your time feeling guilty, or bad or unhappy. That's what he wants to happen. It's just another way to control you. To isolate you. To make you a non person. Don't get sucked into the craziness. If you start believing the things you are hearing, you will be sunk and it will take a long time and hard work to realize the truth. Which is, he's the one with the problem, not you. He packed his things and left the house? Good riddance. I sound bitter, I know. They are allowed to do anything, anytime to anyone and we had better accept it. I did what I had to do and said what needed to be said, to keep the peace. It took me a lot of years to understand that I was not the awful person he made me out to be. I am still working on that. The damage they can do to us is horrific. Don't fall for it.