View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 08:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Stephen King actually went to many AA meetings with my brother in FL. and yes very "whacked" individual-my brother has confirmed that! But yes a great writer!
I have found most A's are very talented! More than they know themselves!

Very interesting article-
James Frey-"A Million Little Pieces"
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...amesfrey1.html

I believe this is the article Denny is talking about? Very interesting article!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1155752,00.html

This paragraph says it quite well...

Substance abusers lie about everything, and usually do an awesome job of it. I once knew a cokehead who convinced his girlfriend the smell of freebase was mold in the plastic shower curtain of their apartment's bathroom. She believed him, he said, for five years (although he was probably lying about that, it was probably only three). A recovering alcoholic friend of mine reminisces about how he convinced his first wife that raccoons were stealing their home brew. When she discovered the truth, she divorced him. Go to one of those church-basement meetings where they drink coffee and talk about the Twelve Steps and you can hear similar stories on any night, and that's why the founders of this group emphasized complete honesty — not just in ''420 of 432 pages,'' as James Frey claimed during his Larry King interview, but in all of it: what happened, what changed, what it's like now. Yeah, stewbums and stoners lie about the big stuff, like how much and how often, but they also lie about the small things. Mostly just to stay in practice. Ask an active alcoholic what time it is, and 9 times out of 10 he'll lie to you. And if his girlfriend killed herself by slashing her wrists (always assuming there was a girlfriend), he may say she hung herself, instead. Why? Basically, to stay in training. It's the Liar's Disease."

And not to laugh but Glass too funny about the Wal mart! My brother use to go to Wal mart all the time down the street on his bike! Hmmm Florida.....figure that one out! My brother was NEVER a shopper but boy did he love that Super Wal Mart!

And the block buster (next door liquor store)-My mom actually went in there one day and the guy said oh "Hi"she was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAT? How does this guy know me? Without her asking he said oh I know your son I see you drop him off every now and again-he is a good customer of mine! HA! OOPS!

My brothers response: I go in there for cigarettes! (Imagine that!)

(((ASKINGWHY)))) Blessings to you!