Thread: Crazy weekend
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pencil Pusher

Hi QU. My XAAH is probably bipolar, and medicates with pot, alcohol, and pretty much any other thing he can get his hands on. His mother was severely bipolar, and I dealt with her disorder for 13 1/2 years, though we lived in different states so it was not a day to day thing. Plus I lived with her more than likely bipolar son for all those years too. I believe it has varying degrees of severity. Some people are able to control it through nutrition (believe it or not). Some medicate with alcohol and drugs, some take prescriptions. XAAH's mom took the prescriptions. They were constantly switching things up, changing dosages and types of meds etc. Every time they would switch things up, she would have a period of time where she had to adjust to her new dosage or med. Most of her hospitalizations were during one of these periods. She saw a therapist weekly for around 25 years, and made everyone around her nuts! As I said she was very severe! Now that she is gone, I am glad she has finally found peace, but like I told my XAAH, I know she would want him to find it in life, rather than having to wait till death. He does not go to therapy, take meds or treat his issue in any way, which is part of the reason why there is an X before the rest of his acronym on this board. I hope your BF has luck with his bipolar, and can do some work with nutrition or other holistic approaches, accupuncture, herbs, etc. and that he is not severe! Good luck!