View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drainedwife

do i quit my job??

my mom called me before and she got me all nervous...i dont blame her...she doesnt think i should be leaving the kids home alone... tomorrow my firned is getting them at 12:00 noon so they will be alone for a while. also, i only make $15/HR. MY BABYSITTER COSTS ME $10 hr. for the summer, i need a sitter, and also i am sending my kids to camp for a month which costs me what i make in a month. also, i will have to leave my kids who are 10 and 12 alone in the morning for an hour and a half before they get picked up for camp,and then my older daughter will have to be responsible for locking up the house.

my sitter is away this week so i am having a problem with childcare...and since i have to be at work at 7:30 am it is also hard for me to get anyone to come tht early.
does anyone know the laws about leaving your kids alone??does it vary by state??

my mom thinks i should just quit my job for the summer and get a new one in september..im afraid that we will go into foreclosure since at the moment we have to pay 2 mortgages until the one house sells. she says i have to put my kids first, and she is right. i didn t plan out the summer not having my ah here. i thought he would have been here so i wouldnt have to leave them alone before camp...

another option is to have my dr write a note that i am being treated for severe anxiety and need to take a leave of absence from work.. i cannot get back the money for one of my kids camps, but the other, i did not pay most of yet.

any advice?? this is really stressing me out.....