View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CE Girl

Nice to meet you debbug,,,welcome to SR

Bells and whistles went off for me in your last post,,,

He has gotten violent the last few weeks.
PROTECT YOURSELF and YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!

Sorry, for "yellin", I'm a peace loving hippie, NO ONE deerves to be hit, or verbally/mentally abused

I don't have young chilldren with my A, but I can tell you, if I did, they would not be exposed to him

When my husband of 23 years died, I still had a 10 year old at home. Two yeas later, I met a man who i though was everything I ever wanted. We moved in together. He turned out to be abusive. Physically and emotionally. As long as my daughter wasn't being affected, I figured I could take it. Go figure "codieism" back even then. My, I was the good little martyr.

I didn't realize it affected her even when it didn't affect her. Know what I mean?

She started having BIG trouble in school. Smoking pot and drinking. She was 13, I passed it off as "teenage" rebellion. Too caught up in my own disease to SEE what watching him abuse me, and me allowing it, was doing to her

One day, he tried it with my daughter,,,,not physically, but emotionally, not that it matters.

I kicked his arse to the curb. Gave him 1/2 hour to get out, or I would call the police and report him for child abuse

What woke me up?

What kind of "lessons" I wanted to teach my daughter

I did it ALONE. She is now 24, and not only finished high school but college and is a successful photographer. Getting married in 2008.

ME? welll, I'm here. Got involved with my A 2 years ago.

I guess I forgot to recover the first time

This time, I'm ALL about recovery and ME. Is it easy? Hell no. But I do what I got to do, cause fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice same on me.

For me, alanon, SR, family and friends support and the search for a good sponsor is what's helping. I'm learning its all about ME!!!

Stick around, read, read, read, and post, post post,,,we ALL have a "common thread"

Peace