Old 06-21-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
newblue82
Let me grow up.

Not drug-related but need some advice. . .

Tell me if I’m wrong? The other day my brother Jonathan and I were sitting next to each other on the couch watching a movie with my mom and dad. Tonya, my brother’s wife, was in the back bedroom watching television. So I got up to get me something to drink and when I get back Tonya’s sitting in my spot curled up next to Jonathan. So I told her (nicely) you’re sitting in my spot and that she needed to move. She looks up and says well, I’m sorry but I’m comfortable now and doesn’t move. So I feel myself getting irritated because she doesn’t seem the least bit concerned about what she’s doing and I said to her that I only have another day with Jonathan and after that she has him for the rest of the week all to herself since they’re not leaving until Saturday. She still just says well, I’m comfortable. So my mom and dad are watching this going on and my dad says to me to just go sit on the other couch and I said no, I’m going for a drive because I could feel myself reaching my boiling point.

Anyway, the other day, my dad says to me to never put my brother in the position where he feels like he has to choose between me and his wife and I said I didn’t put him in that position. . .Tonya did. Any one else who knows what it means to be thoughtful would have gotten up and let me sit back down. I told my mom last night that I’m tired of playing nice with someone who’s pulled stunts like this before and who doesn’t seem to care about any one but herself just to keep the peace. Next time (and I know there will be a next time) I fear that I am going to say or do something that I will regret and that might cost me my brother. My mom said all I can do is let it go because that’s his wife . . .blah blah blah but I don’t agree with that! Am I wrong? I don’t feel that I was being unreasonable. He’s going to Afghanistan and that was my only chance to spend some time with him before he leaves. She really didn’t care how she was treating me. I saw it all over her face that all she was concerned with was getting her way as usual.