View Single Post
Old 10-08-2003, 01:22 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Music

Re: Well...

calat
Originally posted by Csmcjewl
Well,
The way it is...is that if I get no help here and no one wants to talk about anything other than alcohol, well....then I get no help anywhere. I don't have money for "real" help. This is it...I don't have anyone else to talk to. Please don't take that away from me. This is the only place I have to turn right now, if you block that out I have nothing.
As far as everything that's not directly about drinking...Everything that I've ever stated on here is certainly related to drinking. I wouldn't be cutting myself if was or wasn't drinking for good. It's the constant battle that ends up causing more problems. There are plenty of posts on here that may not be directly about alcohol. AA isn't just about not drinking, it's about changing your entire life. How can you do that if you're censored to talk about nothing but the actual alcohol?
Stacey
Stacey,
I didn't say you shouldn't come here. My concern is that as far as I can tell, you're not much better off than you were when you FIRST came here. I'm worried that you're not getting the kind of help you need.
The Big Book says that alcohol is just a symtom of the real problem. The question in my mind is: WHAT'S THE REAL PROBLEM?? There's nothing I'd like more than to see you post here saying that you'd sought professional help and that your situation had improved. I'm not seeing that! What I am seeing is that you're still talking about the same problems you were talking about when you first started posting. Ok, so you don't drink for a day or two or a week or so....so what's your point. Now you've escalated from drinking(and I'm sure if I checked there'd be drugs there too)to cutting yourself. Of course AA is not just about not drinking, but if that's all you do is stop drinking, do you think all the other stuff is just going to go away? If my memory serves me correctly, the twelve steps of AA deal with alcohol and changing my life 180 degrees, not cutting myself and dealing with a boyfriend.
Someone said once: "Any idiot knows what he knows, it takes a humble person to know what he doesn't know."
Again, my opinion is that collectively, the people on this board should be telling you to get professional help. There are plenty of programs available to give you the kind of help you need. It's up to you to seek them out...IF you really want help.