View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Free At Last

Question how many times do you walk away?

How many times do you walk away? I suppose as many as it takes!?! I have read post from a year ago and oh the cycles. They admitt it and say it is. So why do i stand there thinking something else will happen. That he will change for the long term. Actually allow me to rephrase I think the word change needs to be removed from my vocabulary. That he will get better and fing a path that leads him in the right direction. I back off for his moment of time he need I sit back I offer conversation when it is good for him. I adjust to his comfort zone to think we have made some ";baby steps" as he calls it. But the only recovery that seems to be making progress is mine. I think after the third go around I have found that I hav the tools I know what to do. It does not take much and I do get lost in trying to focus on him. But I quickly find me again. This time I guess I am realizing that maybe this is just insane. I think what kicks my ass! Pardon me but seriously. 11 years of sobriety and here we go again and i know it is a lifelong effort. But god the cycles are endless. Like watching amovie over and over again. I just feel like a fool. He still stands there with he needs to work on him. Well do it then. And stick to it. I have invilved my daughter this round believeing all he said and what a beautiful production!!!!!!!! But i told him not looking good based on tonights phone call. He is very unsure of to many things. I havent told her anything but when I do there is no more second chance one more time. I WILL NOT allow this **** for her. She canjnto understand it . ALmost funny no more like sad. i will not allow it for my child but I have allowed it or justified why I can do it. Hurt alot less htis time. Al il easier everytime to walk away. I told him same excuses same pattern but when I tell her she will not see him anymore THAT IS IT! I mean really we all come here and support eacother but I think we all agree that the libe must be drawn somewhere no?