View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
gasolinegirl

Originally Posted by Orangeblossom View Post
I don't know what to tell him when he asks what he should do -- I don't even know what I should be doing.

I'm just lost.

Orangeblossom, well, for one thing, something that you should be doing is taking care of you and your children. As for your ah, I know the sorrow that comes with wanting to make it all better, but he needs to take the reins and do something about his addiction, it's not your job. My ah in the beginning kept asking me to help him, he wanted help, but didn't want to do the work. It took me kicking him out and then him going to detox and then to rehab. He's been clean and sober for almost a year and 1/2. It saved our marriage and his life. He's a totally diffrent person now than what he was. It's been my experience that addicts are lazy. You can love him and try to help him find a place, but he needs to be the one to make the phone call, and follow though. Don't let him push everything on you, he has to do it. Take care of yourself and your kids, they are the most important, they need you. Remember: You can lead a horse to water, but you make him drink. Keep your head up!