View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Orangeblossom

So what do I do now?

My husband is an addict. I can't ignore it anymore, and he says he wants to stop.

Great. What now?

Money is beyond tight, and we don't have insurance, so that leaves rehab out. I looked for NA meetings in our area, but the closest one is over 50 miles away, which is just not workable. He tells me to just hold all of our money and not let him have it, but we've tried this before. It works for a little while, (like until the next payday), and then he harrasses and manipulates and lies, and I give in. Doing the same routine over and over again is not helping. He needs more help than I can give him, and I need help to help him. Or just to deal.

I'm sure there are resources out there, I'm sure that there are things I can and should be doing. But I have no idea where to start. I'm completely lost. If things go on as they are, I know how it's going to end. It will destroy our marriage, and probably leave my kids without their father. I don't think either of us wants that to happen. But I don't know how to change it. I don't know what to tell him when he asks what he should do -- I don't even know what I should be doing.

I'm just lost.