Old 06-14-2007, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drainedwife

child visitation and substance abuse questions

Does anyone know what happens in court when you go for an FRO (not even sure what that is) ? I just know that everything will be brought into civil court, and there will be no longer a RO in DV court. THis way my ah cant loose his liscene or job and I can get the right spousal support. anyway, what happens when there is a substance abuse issue and there are kids invloved as far as visitation?? will the judge order a drug test? if it comes out clean because he hasnt used in a while will that be the end of it? will there have to be supervised visitations??? someone told me the substance evvaluation process could take months...and will he not be able to see the kids during that time???
my older daugher is having a real hard time...i want them to be able to see their dad. I couldnt stand how upset she was last night...and i just feel like Im doing this to her, even though i know that im not...and she thinks that i am as well.
i know my ah has told her things that he shouldnt have and has said that i dotn want him int he house..he also said to her that i shouldnt change to order if it says that there can be contact between them through emails and phone calls..that if i change it i am only hurting them because they want to contact him....what the heck is he trying to do to our kids?????
thanks........