Old 06-13-2007, 03:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alcohol_sucks
survivor

ExAH gets remarried to his AG--why am I so shocked?

I just found out today from a friend that my exAH got remarried last week. No warning to ANYONE! Why am I letting this bother me? I guess, even though I have shown tough love, I really hoped he would someday get his act together, stop lying, etc. And now I know he has been still lying.

Plus, how will my kids react to this? He is not allowed to see the kids w/o passing a drug test first, which he still cannot do. New wife will be included in this, too, and she is a bigger problem than him.

I thought I was better, and today I feel right back where I was last year when this all started to come to light. I know I will cry tonite, get up tomorrow, and start over again. But tonite I am crying. For myself, my kids, the person that was ripped from our lives because of drugs.

I know it is time to move on, and I have come so far. So how can I get thrown back to one year ago so easily?

Sorry, just venting with no where else to go. At least the kids are in camp this week, and I have a night to cry and move on. A blessing...of healing. Maybe this will be the closure I finally need...to not feel quilty about leaving my marriage because of the actions of this drug addict. For staying would have been even more of an emotional and financial death wish.