View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bugsmum
little darlin'

hi again everybody!!!! I'm SO excited that I found this place again. At the beginning of my recovery I wrote this message and forgot how to get back here.... duh..... but yeah! I found you again. I see many replies and I am humbly greatful. Thank you to all....
I'm still clean and sober. In fact re-reading my own post made me smile cuz I'm sitting here w/ a nasty sunburn. hee-hee, but I love the feel of the sun on my face, maybe too much, right?.... I had an experience the other day that I'd like to share w/ you all. I was laying beside the pool in the sun, it was hot out. Just as I got ready to jump in the water to cool off, a massive breeze came along that cooled me instead. I closed my eyes and laid back down. I melted into my chair, or so it seemed. I literally began to feel as if I were floating, flying, no, soaring in the sky. Like I was a bird, no wings, just floating.... feeling the sun on face, the breeze in my hair, the birds singing in the background.... I started crying. Right there, next to the pool crying. Happy crying though, it was like something inside of me was healing, a part of myself returning. A smile crept across my face. I'm really doing this... being sober and happy at the same time. It's amazing. I wish it hadn't taken me so long to get here.
How are all of you? thanks again for all of the earlier supportive responses, your all very kind.