Thread: Prayers Please
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 07:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
guineapigjude

I did talk to him this morning, and he is in a "let's be friends and hang out" state of mind, even asking me to go visit him on the job he's at to get money from him "in case I need it". Hmmm. It can wait til the afternoon! He has also made plans with a friend to start cleaning out this weekend. Luckily the friend isn't aware of the extent of AH's drinking/drugging, so AH tries to put up the front of Great Guy with him, as in being relatively responsible. (His friend knows me very well, and would know AH was being a jerk if he didn't do his part to clean the house.)His denial is working for me at this point.
What I find interesting is how quickly AH has ingratiated himself with a new group of "good" friends who don't have a clue as to his true behavior. He has dropped all friends that knew "us" and the reality of the situation. What I find sad for AH is that he is now back to pretending in order to get people to help (enable) him. The logical me wants to point out that he'll soon get sick of putting on the facade for these folks, just like he was sick of it with his family. But poor AH sees it as "moving on", as in making a positive change. Of course he's just moving on to a new set of people to use until they demand too much.
Mallow, I do have a plan B in case he doesn't come through, which is still a definite possibility. After 17 years of doing it all myself and being called names if I got mad when he didn't follow through, I'm a pro at this dance!!!!