Thread: Seizure
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
newenglandgirl

Seizure

Hi everyone.

My FIL called me a couple of hours ago to tell me that my STBXAH had a major seizure today and is in the hospital now.

AH had been holed up in a hotel room for weeks drinking. His father called me worried about his where abouts, and I encouraged him to fly down there, fetch him, and take him to detox/rehab. FIL went down and got his boy...and was in the process of trying to get him into a facility...they were driving in city traffic when the seizure happened. An ambulance came to the scene.

AH called me from his hospital bed. Sounded annoyed and kind of blasé about the whole thing. I told him I cared so much about him. He wanted to know if we were going to maybe get back together. I said no. But that there will always be a place in my heart for him. And that he needs to get himself help and not let this ruin his whole life. That's how we left it.

I emphatically encouraged his parents to bring him directly to detox/rehab straight out of the emergency room. They sounded like they think it's a good idea. But I know all of this is a lot for them to take in. But they seem to be finally getting the picture.

Wow. What a day.

Our divorce hearing was supposed to be tomorrow. Of course there will now have to be a continuance.

I hope this leads to him getting the help he so desperately needs. Yet I know the statistics are only stacked against him. Only time will tell. It's amazing the love I have in my heart still for this man. sigh.

Thanks for listening