Thread: help
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
raerae6

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post

The more you tell an abused wife to leave, or make her feel guilty by bringing up her kids the more likely she would stay in the relationship.

She made the first step by coming here and opening up by asking for suggestion, advice and telling her story. Now is the time we need to stand by her, be gentle cause she is very fragile right now and we dont want her to feel like she has no place to go to turn to.

I understand when we here about abuse we just want to say get out of there, run, and so on. But are all in different levels in our recovery and we need to meet the person where they are at not where we are at.
Jewelz I agree with you 100%.

Also i would like to say to you Drained that I realized now that you are saying that your husband grabbed your neck and didn't squeeze. But I posted that stuff about strangulation anyway because it is the next step after grabbing...

and because I just thought it is information that is important to everyone who happens to read it.

I hope that you are not feeling that you are going to be judged on every thought you post here or on every action you decide on. Or that you have to say anything to please people here. I think if people on the board may come off a little harsh at times... I beleive it is completely because they are very concerned and want you to be happy.

Last edited by raerae6; 06-12-2007 at 10:40 AM.