View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
kj0975

They were talking about this on the radio this morning and this young man was an excellent football player and had scholarships to college and looked as though he had a promising future. I think this is fairly common with people dating people who are a little younger. This girl was also I think a month away from being 16 from what I heard which would have been age of consent in that state. I think they are just trying to make an example out of this person. I have seen people commit much worse crimes yet walk away with nothing. Its just a shame. Another thing he refuses to plea guilty cause then he would have to register as a sex offender and wouldnt be able to live at home when he gets out cause he has a younger sister. What a shame...... What an abuse of our justice system.

When I was 15 about 16 my bf at that time was 23 now it sounds gross but I couldnt imagine him going to jail for dating me we were together for a little over 3yrs. Mentally I think he was much younger than me lol. I mean when I was in 10th grade there were kids who were 16 or 17 and I was 15 what if I dated them I guess this will give kids an eye opener cause when your in the same grade and hang out and date u really dont consider the age and that person your dating could go to jail for dating u. Alright this has become a ramble its just something that touches a spot with me.