View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drainedwife

the cat is out of the bag...finally

ah's dad came over looking for his son today. i told him the truth...about everything...he kept asking me questions and i was done covering up for him. Plus he needs his family and ya know what?? i need them too..ive been dealing with this by myself for too long now. My ah always said he wouldnt be able to handle it if they knew, but it is in his best interests. they will help support him. My ah has alot of respect for his parents so maybe he'll listen to his dad when he tells him he needs help... Maybe he wont, but at least the family secret is out and i feel better not having to carry this burden by myself anymore.

my ah sent me an email that said if anyone finds out he is contacting me he will go to jail...no sh*t, so stop!! he also said that someone he knows violated a restr. order for the 2nd time, got thrown in jail and was rapped by heir cell mate. of course i started feeling bad and was thinking about dropping the ro..or at least telling my lawyer that i dont want to tell the court that he has been contacting me and that we have to keep that out of court or else ill have to drop the case. i know that is not in my best interests though, but im afraid he'll go to jail. i was thinking to tell his dad that if i were to drop it that he would have to either live with them or get an apt. and that he would still have to support me and the kids and he can visit with the kids but only in their house, but not here. i dont know if that would be a good idea though because he could still manipulate me. his last email said that he was thinking that i could be right about his having an addiction...and he cant believe how strong his denial is..and if it is true than he must be mentally ill . he is so afraid of admitting to me that he has a problem, thinking that i would leave him. so its a step in the right direction..it also said he is ready to get help and go to rehab.
i know it could all be manipulation to get me to drop the RO, but i think that he was sincere in his last email to me...he was saying what if this all really is his fault, the guilt he would feel would be overwhelming.....he wants to make a plan for his recovery but feels he needs my support..i guess he doesnt yet get that he needs to do this on his own..for him............
any thoughts about the restraining order issue???