View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hopeangel

hi shemp and welcome first, congrats on your sobriety and beginning recovery!!!
we have some very good recovering alcoholics that post on this site who i am sure will probably be along to help and guide you. if you haven't already check out the alcoholism board to for even more support. they might be able to provide you some more good insight into what you are dealing with.

has your xgf started any recovery of her own such as alanon? or anything to help educate or support her? from what you have stated it seems that she loves you or cares about you and that you feel the same, but you both need time in recovery.

the family and friends of alcohilics become just as sick as the alcoholic themselves and need support and recovery of their own. you will here a lot about co dependency here which is something that a lot here suffer with. she may also have a lot of fear and uncertianty right now as things are changing. this could be some possible explainations.

i think the best you can do right now for yourself and her is make sure you are doing everything you can for your own recovery. i think the rest will fall into place.

take care. others will be along with understanding and advice.