View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 10:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Noah812

Did your abf ask you how it made you feel being in your position. Did you explain to him how you feel with his addiction being in your life, did he ask? He told you how he feels about you talking trash to his junkie friends but is he thinking about your well being or his? I agree addicts have a horrible problem but it should not be turned into you talk trash about those addicts whether here or on the street and addict is an addict. Your abf may be diffrent but it sounds the same to me. Addicts will be as gentle and violent as they see fit. THey can have logical conversations about an illogical problem and justify it or tell you how bad it feels to hear the truth. It is wrong to be derogatroy about another persons affliction but don't people call a drunk a drunk? Is it not equally fare to call a spade a spade? I think as soon as the excuses, the long emotional converstions, the promises and the love making after the problem temporarily leaves the picture....you have a addict. Addicts will do what they must so survive...Read what addicts do...its a powerful thread. I hope you stay strong and do not listen for what is good for him but instead, what is good for you...What good for you means the most...take care