Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
raerae6

Originally Posted by drainedwife View Post
do i think he will get help... i really dont know....he says he will do anything, but he still doesnt think he has a drug problem...why hasnt he already made arrangements to go to rehab..he did say he was looking for drug counselors..in the past he has gone to drug counselors or therapists and he would lie to them about his use....
hes a smart guy, hes not stupid, and he has a very strong will, but i think it takes more than that to actually get help.....all he kept saying to me for the past yr. and a half was that he stopped using, he quit, he has no craving...he can do it on his own...and all i kept seeing was evidence to the contrary...will he get help..how could i ever know for sure???
You will never know for sure. He is most likely a smart man. Most addicts (especially the smart ones) are very manipulative. If he is still trying to come home in my mind he is still in deep denial. I am giving a strong opinion here only because of my experience. He lies about his use, says he has no craving and is still using. Now he is abusive. He says he can do it on his own...some can, but with help he has a much better chance. Honey, your right if he was serious, he's be in rehab right now, or making arrangments.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but I know how addicts will do anything to stall for time and try to weasel out of going for help. Mine didn't go until he was so sick of himself that he was thinking of suicide-he went twice and relapsed again right after.