View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
oneeyeopen
Awaiting Email Confirmation

apologies to those invovled with addicts

you know, a couple weeks ago I threw a fit because the abf was hanging around with these other addicts and I happened to have the phone number of one of them. So I called her up and left a string of messages furious at her (like as if it was her fault) because he has told her many times he doesn't want to use and she keeps letting him come over to join the gang...anyway, i called her a skank and used a series of other expletives about her and her boyfriend and the other people they hang out with.

Then the abf has this talk with me about how bad it makes him feel when I talk call the other addicts creeps and skanks, because after all, how is he any different from them...etc.

and I got to thinking about everyone else here, the parents of addicts, the siblings, the boy and girl friends, the spouses, and I realized that what I am saying is that all those addicts you guys know are also skanky-yucky people, and I know my abf isn't.

I am sorry for ever calling any of the other addicts around my abf anything like that, or speaking of them in a derogatory manner. sometimes in my anger at the abf I transfer that anger on to the people he uses with. I know that these are all people, most are good people with a crummy disease, and we all love them and care for them.

I want to apologize if I ever ranted in one of my posts and used this language and you thought to yourself "hey that's my daughter she is talking about and she isn't some crack-***** but rather just a nice girl who got off track."

I am going to not think about the addicts in this way, but rather as human beings with serious problems that just need help but for whatever reason do not get themselves what they need.