View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Teke, honey, the things you describe are just plain scary. Remember, an addict who has progressed for 21 years is capable of crazy stuff... the longer they're addicted the crazier. I know, I've seen and been through a lot myself. Even if he's clean now, he's still got the addict way of thinking with such short time clean. I'm really worried about your safety. Do you have any friends who could stay with you? Maybe someone from your church that would help you secure your house and make sure their are no hidden ways to get in?

Also, teenagers are smart... even if dad has somehow convinced them you're crazy, they have a way of seeing the truth. My oldest (16)can't really stand her father at this point, thinks he was never here anyway and deserves to be in prison for continuing to do what he did., my son (14) still loves his father, but also thinks he deserves to be in prison for what he did. Maybe have a heart to heart with your children, be honest with the current things your AH has done in the house. You don't have to be specific, be vague if you want.(They may have seen something they'll want to share). Let them know that he's still sick, even though he's working recovery... and it's gonna take a lot of time before the addict thinking changes... and in the meantime, he's gonna have to work his recovery elsewhere cause it's best for your health and sanity.

We love you, Teke. Please take good care of yourself! Still praying for you.