View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jsjohnson72

New Here Need Advice

I have a boyfriend that I have been on and off with for 14 years. He is a drug addict which coke is his preference drug. That is the reason things have not worked out with us. He went to 3 month treatment facility last year and got out in Nov that is when we got back together and started taking things serious. He started drinking not that long after he got out and smokes weed. He said he doesn't have a problem because he isn't doing coke. Well the drinking leads him to leaving me wherever we are so he can go do coke. I am so mad at myself for taking him back as many times I have since he got out. Last week he left the BBQ and came back high - first time since he has been out has he been on that in front of me. I told him it was over he said I just did it once sometimes I just want to do a couple lines and drink I don't do it everyday. He says I give up to easily and just leave him. I don't know what else to do when he does that I don't want to be with him. We worked things out and then yesterday I had a feeling he was on something he wouldn't come over and didn't have a reson. So I went to his house and sat outside for a half an hour and he wouldn't let me in and wouldn't come outside. this just proved that he was on something. I am mad at myself for doing that. I just need to walk away but it is sooooo hard!! I love this man so much and if he didn't do that he would be perfect. I have read co-dependent no more but just don't know how to stop being co-dependent I need the first step - is that just no communication at all with him? I need help! I don't want to do this for the rest of my life.