View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TexasGirl

Originally Posted by elizabeth1979
Not true. I remind myself, my actions speak just as anyones elses do. Filing for divorce is an action, no?
You are very, very right. This raises an interesting point that I was just chatting about at lunch. We all talk about watching for actions, not words. In the case of our As, we learn to watch their actions and not their words. I think I'm on the flip side....my actions indicate that I am done with him. I am almost divorced, I am casually dating (and he knows that because his mom went and hired a PI on me!!!), and I have a new life. My words are the ones not lining up. How serious can he take me when I do answer the phone 5% of the time? How serious can I look when I dragged my feet for sooooooo long on the divorce? Am I taking too much responsibility because my actions are clear? But I also haven't set clear boundaries, and I think it's because I selfishly fear shutting that door completely, so I let there be a little crack......just in case I were to ever change my mind. That's really unfair to him.

Sorry.....I feel like now I'm going in circles with this.....

Last edited by TexasGirl; 06-04-2007 at 01:05 PM.