View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mitch001

Question Weekend alcoholic

This is my first post here,

A great Hello to all!

My problem is a Saturday and Sunday one. Married with one child, 11 years old..a boy. My wife has a serious weekend problem of getting totally out of it by noon, then sleeping all day while I watch my son, not to mention his friends.

Often enough she'll wake up and get beligerent. She's been in a wreck once and I've had the police here on several occasions. She's like the devil sometimes, and sometimes just out of it in a so-so way.

I'm really at my wits ends since this has been going on for at least a year now.

A. I do not hit her, never have, never will.
B I don't ***** around.
C. I have a great job, make good money, and have been witht he same company for 15 years.
D. I treat our only child like gold. Always have, always will.

I don't undersatnd why this is going on. She works, but sometimes misses Mondays, understandidly.

I keep threatening her with leaving, but that doesn't help. She's gotten into legal troubles with this and custody of our child would be mine, without question.

My parents were divorced when I was nine and it hurt me terribly, overall. I don't want to do the same, but she refuses help or even acknowledging a problem.

I'm almost ready to leave. She's passed out now as I type this and I'm watching 3 kids, including mine.

Any ideas?