Thread: I Feel Bad
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

I talked to my sponsor today and he said that we as a group made every attempt to try and get the rent lowered for months now because it was so hard to be self supporting and actually it wasn't. He also said that because we did try to let them know that we couldn't afford that much that it was considered retroactive. I had to ask what that meant and he said that since we moved out by the end of the month that our notice went back to the first of the month sounds really confusing on my end.

I am going to bring it up for vote at tonights business meeting and to also let them know that I wouldn't have contributed around $80.00 for the month in the beginning of May if I would have known that we were not going to pay the rent there. Our new rent is $48.00 a month for three meetings a week so I am going to let them know that if as the group they don't see that we should pay the old landlord some money than I am going to consider my payment last month as payment for the next 4 months to pay them back my part. I am not going nor do I feel that the members are at all self supporting and one thing that I have been taught in NA is that we have to learn to be responsible and not only that but we need to accept the fact that we can not live on justifications.

In the NA Basic Text it says that we do the right thing for the right reason. Well the right thing to do is to make some sort of effort to keep the air cleared. We don't want to come up with a bad name and this sure could cause some heartache I feel if not handled with proper principles. Anyways I will let you all know how the group votes on this. God be with us all

With Love and respect

Vic