View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MeggieStar
Starry Girl

((obsessed))

Please do not allow guilt to cloud your thinking. You are surely not the only person your AD is milking for money, just one of many. And remember that it is NOT your responsibility to support your daughter's drug habit. And even though ten or twenty dollars for "food" might not seem like supporting buying drugs, that is exactly where that money goes. My AH will always find a way to buy drugs. He has gotten money from me, his parents, his grandparents, my grandparents, his boss, etc. etc. He might spend five dollars on taco bell every once and while but hundreds on drugs in a day. He even stole the money from our son's piggy bank. Believe me...they are resourceful and she is eating enough. If she wasn't, she'd be at a shelter or soup kitchen. Addicts may not have qualms about asking a stranger for money either.

It's not about you "getting over it," because like it or not, addiction has touched your life. It IS about you learning how to live with it and live well for yourself. Meetings might help, sites like this will, building friendships with others in your situation etc.

Just a small warning tho...telling an addict when you will be away from your house is not the best idea. It is like an open invite to break in and steal things. I never though my AH would do that...but he did. Even when i was in the house too.

Hugs!