View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
obsessed

An overdue update

I should have already updated how things are going but kept putting it off...... My 18 year old AD is still at the meth house that I dropped her off at and it has been over a month. I still hung on to letting her keep her cell phone but when I got the bill for $362.00, as bad as it hurt me, I called and had hers disconnected, it seemed that no one else had one so everyone was using it but it has not stopped the several calls a week for her to call and need $10 ,$20 or $30 and if I tell her I am sorry I don't have it, I get cursed out. Saturday morning at 3:00 am I got a call from one of the men that is also staying at that house and he told me he had gotten in a fight with someone that wanted my AD to go somewhere else and they had beaten him up and he was bleeding, sitting in a garden and which to be woken up to that I was rather confused but finally told him I was sorry but I could not help him. I had went out of town last week for a few days and while I was gone she called and said she needed tampons, I told her that I was at Orange beach on a mental break and I would be home the next day and would bring her some when I got back so off i go and she was just sooo sweet....of course needed money and I know that I should not have but gave her $10. Then the next day she wanted more and I told her no that I did not have it well that started a rage!!!! She said that if I could have afforded to go to the beach I should be able to give her more but she finally hung up after she said many many bad things!!! I did not hear another word until Tuesday when she was needing more money and again I said sorry but she called my mother who gave her $20. I do drive by the house everyday or so, just hoping to catch a glimpse of her. It still bothers me just thinking if she is hungry but I know she is surviving somehow but it amazes me that why she would rather be living in that nasty place instead of being home. I keep telling her that she got her grants for college and 1 scholarship for college and the same lie..... Im going to college this fall but I know deep down that she will not but I keep hanging on to maybe she is telling the truth but I am to the point that I don't believe a word she says!!! I have been staying with my mother, sister or grandmother since it all happened, I just can't stand to go home, it does not seem right so yesterday I met my husband --not her father for lunch and he informed me that I just had to get over it!! I got up and told him that when I got over it I would give him a call. He does not have any kids and I have tried to explain that until you have a child and go through it that you can't just get over it. I will always have hope as long as she has a breath left in her or me!! She should have walked across the stage Friday night and graduated high school but she was sitting in that meth house and again I am screaming WHY!!!!!!