View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

Elana, & Lost Thanks so much.........heck I am sure trying.
Lost I am sorry but I don't remember how old your loved one is or how long the addiction is going on but I don't think you giv yourself enough credit. If your loved one was 40 & had been addicted for 20 looong yrs I bet you could be as strong.................and you know its not even being strong. We have TRIED everything else. If money and or love could save an addict he would be fine right now. It is no matter how everyone has tried to help him he just goes back to the drugs & the dark lifestyle....................finally the whole family has had enough. I know this sounds really harsh but its not. I lost my step-son it will be 4 yrs Nov 21st. He was killed in a horrific car accident. For the 1st 2 yrs we were frozen as my 5yr old grandson says BUT eventually you start living life again. We can finally talk about him & although we miss him terribly everyday we have had to accept he is gone. It is worse having a son like my AS because the pain & misery never end. They just go on & on yr after yr. I am to the point where if his HP does not heal him I would rather He takes him at least that way we would all have some peace. I cannot believe I even typed that. I get all knotted up inside even saying it but it is just about true. My AS is suffering, we are suffering & it just doesn't stop.
I must be strong for my AS. As Dollydo has posted he is 40 & he must turn his life around now. His luck cannot hold out forever. We tried everything else & nothing wks so cutting him loose is the only thing left to do. I liked so much what everyone told me. Susan said when we let go they usually get up & go & she is right.