View Single Post
Old 10-02-2003, 05:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
highly_confused
Paused

Don't know what to do!!!

My wife is a recovering alcoholic (at least I think)

Just about a year ago I found out that my wife had been drinking behind my back when I went to sleep at night. Well she went to one detox and it just introduced herself to other drinkers and drug addicts. After a week of detox she went and lived with other addicts. About 2 weeks later she begged me to take her back and I did. About 2 weeks after that she drank again while I was at work and took a bunch of pills, She was in ICU for 3 days on a breathing machine, I stayed by her side and as soon as she got out of the hospital she went to another detox program-not a week later she was telling me she didn't want me and she went back to the other addicts and stayed. about 2 weeks later I took her back and she was staying clean on her own so I thought--she just went from alcohol to perscribed pills. About 3 months later she relapsed and I had her thrown in jail for hitting me--well she became clean again after that..not 3 more months later she drank again and she went to jail again, I took her back. Yes I know I was probably dumb to take her back after all that had happened. Each time I really thought she was getting better. We have 3 boys together and I thought I loved her.

Well 3 months ago I got promoted to a different town and she had been clean for about 4 months, I thought by going to another place-just her and I and our 3 boys we could start a new life together. 2 months after living here she drank again and i had her thrown in jail for hitting me again--My kids are back staying with my parents, because I didn't know anyone being new to the town--I took her back, and she started going to a real good counceling center, I really thought it was working. my problem is that I am constantly searching for pills and alcohol, There is not a day that goes by that i think she is doing something, Today I found some pills that she hid from me and I don't know what to do? Any advice would help. Thank You