Old 05-30-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Truffles

I know how you feel. My family didn't even really know what was going on, his family did. But sometimes I felt like everyone was sick of hearing me or my crying. It is strange, oneday I just felt better. I realized I had alot going for me, granted at the time my AH was a loser! But I had a great son, a job, friends. I also use to think about the future, where would we live and so on. To this day I still think about money.

Do you have any savings together, if so take out half or all of it. I actually took all the money from our savings, we sold a rental property we had. I am so happy I did that, there was no way for him to touch that money. Even at the bank I had a security put on the account, that 2 forms of id had to be shown if money was taken out. I did trust my AH at all - I kept thinking he would send someone in and try and take the money. At the time he was probably mad, but he is now grateful I did it, because he knows he would have gone thru that money.

I agree with the going out when you feel down, even if it is just to go walking. You really do just have to take one day at a time.