Thread: Detachment!
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 03:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Grace

I know that I'm being repetitive. It's the same old crap....every day....same people.
Being back home, at 50 years young, with my mother, has opened up some old wounds. Not as much from my mother, but from the others who were abusive when I was young. Mainly, it was my uncle. My dad was out of the picture, and my uncle was very much in it. He always told me that I was a failure; couldn't keep a boyfriend; couldn't keep a job. I heard NOTHING but negativity from this man my entire life. He is my mother's only brother and if I told him what I would like to.....my mother would have a fit. He has had a terrible impact on his own children. They are ALL alcoholic and socially ********. I love him and I feel compassion for him, because I know that he must have his own pain to deal with. I just wish that he wouldn't take his sadness out on the people who care for him.

I guess I should be relieved that my daughter doesn't want to be here.
I don't either!!!!
I was upset this weekend anyhow because NO ONE from my family offered to help my daughter move either. She had to ask her roommate's parents. That upsets me!!! They treat me like sh*t, but I will not tolerate them treating my daughter that way. There are 3 trucks in my family and we had to ask someone to help who lives out of town. THAT IS SAD!!!!!

They seem to feed off of my misery, and that is why I'm trying to find my own place. I get very little money from disability. It's not going to be easy, but nothing is!

Thanks!
Grace