Thread: Detachment!
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grace

Detachment!

The good news is that my daughter's graduation went wonderfully.
I am so proud of her. I'm in the process of moving her back this weekend.
She refuses to come to my mother's house. Can't say that I blame her though.
Too many toxic people. I received my application for HUD, and can start moving in the right direction now.

Since there are no Alanon meetings around here, I need support from my friends on here. Those who know me know how dysfunctional my family members are. When I woke up this morning, there were large plastic snowmen and santas in my mother's front yard. She was so upset. After calming her, I went out to get the silly decorations and found a belated Christmas gift for my mother....from my exAbf. She was upset and said that she didn't want ANYTHING from him. I had to leave and told her not to worry about it. I put the decorations in the garage and she opened the gift. When I returned, hours later, from moving my daughter, the Christmas gift was very nicely displayed on the wall. She loves it AND it cost a lot of money. Now, that is just what I need on the living room wall.....a belated Christmas gift to my mother from my exA. I reacted!!!! How do you keep from reacting???

The day before that, my uncle called me on the phone and told me not to lock the doors when we leave. He told me that I have absolutely nothing of value, including my little dog. These family members are driving me nuts. I'm making the right steps to get my own place asap.

HOW DO YOU GUYS DETACH????? What should I say or do when they start attacking me or my daughter or my dog? They have been tearing me down ever since I was a teenager and I'm sick and tired of it.

WHAT CAN I SAY TO MAKE THEM STOP ABUSING ME AND THE THINGS THAT MEAN THE MOST TO ME??????