Thread: Baker Act
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
patchoulli

DCF inspected my home today. She called me and wanted to meet and talk tomorrow. I bit the bullet and told her about my porch and the fact that I really wanted him with me, not my mom but I was afraid that the porch roof would create a problem. She came in, looked at where he would be sleeping, looked in the fridge and said the house is fine[WHEW} My daughter did sign a paper saying I have temporary guardianship but we have to go to court next week to prove she is not capable of taking care of him at this time. I told the case worker about her 4 am jaunt with only a blanket on, leaving my Xander alone in the house without a diaper and about the fire she set in his room after I already had taken him. She's getting a copy of the police report. Desi is still in the crisis unit, nasty and blaming everyone but herself. I do need to say that although she could have done better managing her finances, she was always a wonderful mom which is what makes this so hard to fathom. All is well here. I did ask for assistance with daycare as I will have to pay the mortgage on her house and keep the utilities on[I financed the home for her and she has been good with the payments until now]. I'll let tomorrow handle itself for now. Peace everyone...Marian