Thread: Baker Act
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
patchoulli

Baker Act

This morning a friend of Desi's called and told me he went to her house and she was suicidal, she had started a fire in the house which burned only the rug, and she was talking about crack pipes and guns. He called the police and they took her to the crisis unit. I'm glad she is there, I love her, I hurt for her, and I hope she finds the help that she needs so desperately. I bought a waterpump for her house and my friend installed it for me. I cleaned, brought out lots of garbage, cut out the burn[about 2 feet in diameter], from my grandsons bedroom, The place is disgusting but with a little time and money it will be fine. More importantly I am fine, my little Xander is fine and my mom is fine. She worked for DCS before she retired and contacted an old co worker. The woman told her to tell me to call her[10:00 pm]. I did. My mom is applying for temporary custody until the front porch roof is replaced on my house[about 2 weeks]. I will still have Xander 3-4 nites a week but I don't want my house inspected until the roof is on. I don't want anything to go against us in court. I even told the worker that my daughter left my grandson home alone at 4:30 in the morning to wander up to the gas station covered only in a blanket. I feel a little guilty, this happened the day after I set my boundaries and stuck to them. I found so many new clothes in her house, hundreds of dollars of make up, it almost looks like instead of digging into the heaps of clean clothes she had piled up, she just kept getting new ones....It doesn't matter, the chaos is overwhelming, I feel at peace, Xander is safe, My daughter is alive and I thank god...Thank you for caring for me and my family. Marian