View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by caileesnana View Post
To DOne w/ it--

I am happy you are doing so well. I'm sorry if I offended you. I still know my daughter knew better and did it anyway. As a parent I pray you never know the living hell we go through watching our children destroy their lives. I am happy you are done with it and hope you put you knowledge of what drugs can do to good use. Maybe some young girl w/ self doubt will listen to you, they certainly don't listen to their parents.
You did not offend me, what you or anyone else think of me is none of my business.
Judging someone for the way they think is something I try not to do, even when it is about me. If I thought I was stupid then maybe I would have been offended and maybe that is why I asked, because I am sure I am not now. So if anything
thank you, because you completely clarified it in my mind. I know I am not.

You said,

<<<<<As a parent I pray you never know the living hell we go through watching our children destroy their lives. >>>>>>

My life is not all roses. My mom is an alcoholic. I've seen things "JUST" as bad as you mothers have, and I have been "JUST" as scared as you have been, for my own safety at times when I was young and now for her safety at times. I also watched her Dad die from alcoholism. So I'm not naive to how horrible it is for you to have to watch or go through what you do. I see them continue to make bad decisions, but I have never thought of them as being stupid people. But that is just me.

You said,
<<and hope you put you knowledge of what drugs can do to good use. Maybe some young girl w/ self doubt will listen to you, they certainly don't listen to their parents.>>>
For the record, I do work with teenagers every single day, and they do listen to what I have to say. But I have to say I think you sell yourself short. I do think your daughter listened to you, they listen a lot more than you would ever think that they do. But teens, people, young adults, adults, make mistakes. It's just a part of life. Some kids are more daring than others and need to do things and figure it out on there own, no matter what you tell them, doesn't mean they aren't listening.
For the most part it's the opposite, they listen to "Everything" you have to say.
But they, just like me, have to figure it out on their own.