View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

oh boy!
ephesians 6:11-13
put on the whole armor of god, that you maybe able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
for we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
therefore put on the whole armor of god that you may be able to stand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
i believe that the battle is between good and evil, god and the devil. man is like pawn in the game of life between the two. the battle is in the mind. addiction i think is a powerful weapon of warfare for the devil and man's only hope is faith in god and his word.

man has a god given right to choose good from evil but the enemy attacks the thought life. the program is designed to reprograms the thought life and i think that the enemy fights tooth and nail trying to keep the addict from making that decision to seek help.

think about it addiction is all in the mind. those urges, those obsessive thoughts. read the first few of the 12 steps. first we have to turn our will over and believe that a power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity. i think that addicts are humans locked in between the battle of good and evil, both battle for the soul of man.

gosh i don't know if this makes sense but i can go on and on about this one. thanks marle for the post.