Old 05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

greeneyedgirl, sorry about you bf but a lot of addicts were not raised in an addictive enviroment, i'm one of those that wasn't but i ended up a crack addict. i think curiosity is what got me, i tried it once, i just couldn't stop. i think with one time, i gave away my choice to stop on my own, i needed help. the first time i went to rehab it was out of fear and i really fought going. my ah dropped me off at detox at 3:oo am, and i was too afraid to walk 6 miles home in the middle of the night and i didn't have money for taxis fare, so i went in, scared to death of what i don't know, but i went in.

my mom never had friends over who dranked or at least not around us, she didn't go out, and at 7yro when my dad died, i don't know anything about her even dating again. she don't allow alcohol in her home at all, and growing up she was the same way. she was so protective of us, i couldn't go anywhere without a parent or teacher watching. we grew up almost 24/7 in church. how i became addicted, i just don't know other than i must have inherited the addictive gene. in my opinion, parents are not always at fault and neither is the enviroment that addicts are raised in. just my opinion.